Mini mint Oreo and chocolate cheesecakes are the best desserts of the season! Beautiful, cute, and yummy! Your kids will love them! Ideal for parties and other special occasions. Following, you can read the recipe:
For the crust:
- 200 grams (1 ½ cups) Oreo crumbs
- 2 tablespoons (40 grams) melted butter
For the cheesecake filling:
- 340 grams (12 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 25 grams (3 tablespoons) flour
- 115 grams (1/2 cup) sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 grams/4 to 5 cookies (1/2 cup) chopped Mint Oreos
- Green gel food color (optional)
For the chocolate cream:
- 220 ml (1 cup) heavy cream, cold
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3. Apply cupcake liners to a cupcake pan. Set aside.
- Combine the crumbs together with the melted butter. Press some of the mixture (around 1 ½ tablespoons per cup) into each cupcake liner and press evenly into the bottoms.
- Put in the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let them cool while you prepare the filling.
To make the filling and topping:
- Reduce oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, combine the sugar, cream cheese, and flour until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Apply the sour cream, vanilla extract, and mint extract. Mix on low speed until well incorporated.
- Apply eggs one at a time, whisking slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after every addition. Add the chopped Mint Oreos.
Pour some green gel icing color if you want to get a lovely shade of green (optional).
- Spread the batter equally between the cupcake liners; fill most of the way.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes, then turn off oven and leave the door closed for another 17-19 minutes.
- Then, crack the oven door and let the cheesecakes cool for five minutes. Remove and refrigerate to chill and set.
- In the meantime, prepare the chocolate cream. In a mixing bowl, apply the heavy cream, icing sugar, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder; using an electric mixer beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- To finish, pipe some cream on top of each cheesecake. Garnish with ½ of a mint Oreo. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.