This Italian raspberry tiramisu is always a great idea, especially as a summer treat. It is a basic tiramisu dessert that is very easy to prepare. You will need 20 minutes to prepare it plus some time to set. Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup raspberry jam, seedless
- 5 tablespoons orange liqueur (I used Grand Marnier)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1-pound mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 29 savoiardi/ladyfingers
- 3 baskets (1/2 dry pint) fresh raspberries (around 3 3/4 cups total)
- Confectioners’ sugar, for serving
- In a small bowl, apply 3 tablespoons orange liqueur and raspberry jam and combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons orange liqueur and mascarpone to incorporate. Using an electric mixer, whisk the sugar, cream, and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Then, using a rubber spatula, apply 1/4 of the cream into the mascarpone mix to lighten. Add the remaining cream into the mascarpone mix.
- Line the bottom of a 13x9x2-in. glass baking dish or another serving dish with 1/2 of the savoiardi/ ladyfingers. Apply 1/2 of the raspberry jam mixture over the savoiardi/ladyfingers. Next, apply ½ of the mascarpone mix over the raspberry jam mix, then top with 1/2 of the raspberries. Repeat the layering. Cover and place in the fridge at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- Before serving, dust with the confectioners’ sugar.