Shout out to all the chocolate lovers! This cake is definitely for you! I mean, who doesn’t like the taste of chocolate – plus, this remarkable ingredient has some really great health benefits (here you can find more about that: how dark chocolate is making the world better place?)
The following double chocolate mousse cake recipe will make your day! Surprise your family or friends with a piece of this fantastic cake. Take this double-layer cake to the 3rd level of indulgence by serving with a dollop of double cream.
- 175 grams plain chocolate biscuits
- 85 grams butter, melted
- 400 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 600 ml thickened cream
- 1/4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- Cocoa powder (to dust)
- Grease a 20cm (base) springform pan. Line base and side with baking paper. Place biscuits in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Apply butter and process until combined.
- Press mixture over base of the pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of hot water; stirring untill smooth.
- Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes (see note).
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream and liqueur until soft peaks form. Add cream mix into chocolate.
- Spread chocolate mix over the base in prepared pan and smooth with a spatula. Cover and place in the fridge for about 3 hours or until set. Before serving, dust with cocoa. Slice and serve.