This deeply chocolate cake with raspberry flavor is so rich, moist, and chocolatey! The amazing combination of chocolate and raspberry flavor makes this dessert so fantastic. You will need just 15 minutes to prepare it plus around 50 minutes to cook. Simple and easy, here is the recipe:
For the chocolate raspberry cake:
- 1 package (18-ounces) chocolate mix
- 1 cup (around 12-ounces) raspberry jam
- ½ cup raspberry-flavored liqueur (I used Chambord) or milk
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 4 large eggs
For the chocolate ganache:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make the chocolate raspberry cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Grease and flour a Bundt cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all cake ingredients. Using an electric mixer on low speed, beat the mixture until blended. Then, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl beat on high speed for 2 more minutes.
- Pour into the prepared pan and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or just until the cake springs back when flippantly touched with a finger.
- Remove and cool completely before turning out on a serving plate and frosting. In the meantime, prepare the chocolate ganache.
To make the chocolate ganache:
- In a saucepan, pour the heavy cream and set over medium heat. Bring it to a boil then remove and stir in the chocolate chips. Continue stirring until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Allow the ganache to stand for around 5 minutes to cool slightly. Then, drizzle over the cooled cake. Garnish with some berries (if desired). Slice and serve.