I really like this chocolate orange layer cake…and there are 2 main reasons for that: I love chocolate and orange combination and is really easy to prepare – you will need just 20-25 minutes to make this delicious treat! Here is the recipe:
Servings 16, 1 piece (145 grams each)
- 250 grams (1 ½ packages) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 6 cups icing sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoons orange zest
- 10 drops orange food color (optional)
- 2 chocolate cake layers (baked or bought)
- 2 white cake layers (baked or bought)
- 3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 (of 500 ml tub whipped topping, don’t thaw (I used Cool Whip)
- In a mixer bowl, whisk Philadelphia cream cheese, sugar, butter, orange zest, orange food color (if using) until well combined. Leave aside.
- Next, cut each cake layer horizontally. Stack on plate, spreading frosting between each layer (you can make your own combination with the chocolate and white cake layers). Frost top and side with remaining frosting.
- In a microwaveable bowl, microwave Coop Whip and chocolate for 2 min. (on high) or until chocolate is entirely melted and the mix is well combined. Stir after each minute.
- Remove and cool for around 15 minutes. Spread over top of cake. Place in the fridge to set for at least 1 hour. Slice and serve.