This banana éclair cake is so creamy and delicious! It is very simple to make. You will need 15 minutes to prepare it plus around 4 hours to set. Here is the recipe:
For the cake:
- 1 box (14.4 oz.) graham crackers
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding
- 2 ½ cup milk
- 12 oz. whipped topping, thawed (I used Cool Whip)
- 6 bananas, thinly sliced
For the glaze:
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 150 ml heavy cream
- 7-ounce chocolate, melted
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and instant pudding for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Allow thickening, around 5 minutes. Add the whipped topping; leave aside.
- Apply a single layer of graham crackers in the bottom of a 13 by 9 baking dish (break some crackers if need to fit).
- Spread ½ of the pudding mixture over the cracker base. Top with ½ of the sliced bananas.
- Then, apply another layer of crackers over the bananas. Top with the remaining pudding mix and remaining bananas. Apply the final layer of crackers over. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate over a double-boiler until smooth.
- In a bowl, beat together the heavy cream and sugar until creamy. Add the melted chocolate and mix to combine. Pour over the top layer of crackers.
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours (or ideally overnight). Slice and serve.